Ingegneria Elettronica | MUSIC DYNAMICS
Ingegneria Elettronica MUSIC DYNAMICS
|DIPARTIMENTO DI INGEGNERIA INDUSTRIALE|
|YEAR OF COURSE 1|
|YEAR OF DIDACTIC SYSTEM 2018|
|1||VIBRACUSTICA (MODULO DI MUSIC DYNAMICS)|
|2||TECNICHE DI PRODUZIONE (MODULO DI MUSIC DYNAMICS)|
|“Wherever we are, what we hear is mostly noise.|
When we ignore it, it disturbs us.
When we listen to it, we find it fascinating. "
(John Cage. The Future of Music)
The main objective is to develop in the students an approach to the sound phenomenon that is as free and free of cultural conditioning as possible, based on scientific and technological knowledge. The course aims to provide the fundamental concepts and basic tools to think, design and create sound in different professional fields such as: music, multimedia, entertainment, sound art, automotive, etc. It will consist of two modules Acoustic Music and Sound Production Techniques. The first module will provide basic knowledge on the analysis of vibrations, acoustics and psychoacoustics; the objective of the second module is to provide the necessary skills to conceive, design and implement a sound production system.
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
• Understanding of the terminology used in the field of vibroacoustics and sound design. Knowledge of the problems related to sound management.
APPLYING KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
• Knowing how to design and build a sound production system.
• Knowing how to identify the most appropriate methods to efficiently design and implement a sound production system, and be able to develop methods to evaluate the performance of the system created.
• Knowing how to work in a group and be able to speak orally on topics related to vibroacoustics and sound production.
• Knowing how to apply the knowledge acquired to contexts different from those presented during the course. Knowing how to deepen the topics covered using materials other than those proposed.
• Elastic oscillations
• Normal modes of oscillation
• Propagation of acoustic waves
• Overlap and interference
• Stationary Waves
• Resonance and resonators
• Acoustic Impedance and Energy Transfer
• Pressure and intensity of sound waves
• Sound level measurements (db SPL)
• Combination of Sounds
• Outline of environmental acoustics: closed and open places
• Ear physiology and functionality
• Frequency selectivity and ear non-linearity
• Perception of sound intensity
• Perception of Height
• Masking of sounds
• Rubber stamp
• Spatial perception of Sounds
Musical Characteristics of the Sound
• Consonance and Dissonance: culture and neural basis
• The dimensions of Music: Rhythm, Scales, Intonation and Temperaments (hints)
• Classification of Musical Instruments
• Electrification of Music
Music and technology.
• A brief history of sound recording.
Music Production: creating, processing and organizing sound.
• Digital Audio Workstation.
• Exercises with Logic Pro and Ableton Live
Interactive sound systems.
The compositional thought: shaping the sound matter.
• Examples of electronic works, live electronics, improvisation, process music, ambient music, soundscape composition, sonification, instructional composition, sound art.
The Soundscape in its various configurations
• analysis models, categories and perceptual-cognitive, historical and cultural classifications.
• Historical evolution of the Soundscape
• Reworked and virtual soundscape
Stamp and emancipation from noise
• evolution of sound-musical creation since 900
• A brief history of electronic tools.
• A brief history of electronic music and computer music.
• Multimedia works and sound art.
|THE COURSE INCLUDES THEORETICAL LESSONS AND LABORATORY EXERCISES. DURING THE LABORATORY EXERCISES, THE STUDENTS, DIVIDED BY WORKING GROUPS, ARE ASSIGNED EXERCISES TO BE DEVELOPED TO APPLY WHAT SEEN DURING THE FRONTAL TEACHING HOURS. AT THE END OF THE COURSE A PROJECT TO DEVELOP IS ASSIGNED TO THE DIFFERENT GROUPS|
|Verification of learning|
|THE ACHIEVEMENT OF THE OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE IS CERTIFIED BY PASSING AN EXAM WITH EVALUATION IN THIRTIES (THE MINIMUM LEVEL OF PASSING CORRESPONDS TO "18" AND THE MAXIMUM TO "30 cum laude"), WHICH PROVIDES A SINGLE ORAL TEST, OF THE DURATION AVERAGE INDICATIVE OF 60 MINUTES, AND AIMED AT VERIFYING: 1) LEARNING OF THE TOPICS COVERED IN THE HOURS OF LECTURE TEACHING; 2) THE CONTRIBUTION TO THE GROUP PROJECT REALIZED ON A TOPIC ASSIGNED BY THE TEACHER; 3) THE EXPOSURE CAPACITY OF THE TOPICS ADDRESSED; 4) THE AUTONOMY OF JUDGMENT IN PROPOSING THE SOLUTION AND IN THE DESIGN OF A SYSTEM FOR THE PROCESSING OF AUDIO SIGNALS|
IN MORE DETAIL, THE ORAL EXAM INCLUDES THREE QUESTIONS: THE FIRST WITH REFERENCE TO THE REALIZED PROJECT THE OTHER TWO ON THE TOPICS OF THE 2 MODULES.
TO PASS THE EXAM IT IS NECESSARY TO REACH SUFFICIENCY BOTH IN THE VERIFICATION OF THE LEARNING OF THE TOPICS COVERED IN THE HOURS OF THEORY AND IN THE VERIFICATION (REALIZATION AND DESCRIPTION CAPACITY) OF THE ASSIGNED LABORATORY PROJECT.
THE STUDENT ACHIEVES THE LEVEL OF EXCELLENCE IF THEY SHOW THE ABILITY TO MAKE CONNECTIONS BETWEEN THE THEORETICAL TOPICS COVERED AND SHOWS THE FULL MASTERY OF THE ACTIVITIES CARRIED OUT DURING THE WORKSHOP PROJECT.
|Fisica Nella Musica di Andrea Frova.|
La scienza del suono di John R. Pierce
Neuroscienze Cognitive della Musica di Alice Mado Proverbio Perchè ci Piace la Musica di Silvia Bencivelli
|THE COURSE'S LANGUAGE IS THE ITALIAN|
BETA VERSION Data source ESSE3 [Ultima Sincronizzazione: 2022-11-30]