BASIC PROGRAMMING TECHNIQUES

Diplomatic, International and Global Security Studies BASIC PROGRAMMING TECHNIQUES

1212500011
DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT & INNOVATION SYSTEMS
EQF6
DIPLOMATIC, INTERNATIONAL AND GLOBAL SECURITY STUDIES
2022/2023

OBBLIGATORIO
YEAR OF COURSE 2
YEAR OF DIDACTIC SYSTEM 2019
SPRING SEMESTER
CFUHOURSACTIVITY
642LESSONS
Objectives
THE AIM OF THIS COURSE IS TO PROVIDE STUDENTS WITH THE NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE FOR UNDERSTANDING AND USE OF A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE IN THE SCOPE OF DIFFERENT PROGRAMMING PARADIGMS (PROCEDURAL OR OBJECT-ORIENTED PROBLEM) AND THE APPLICATION OF THE.

KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
AT THE END OF THE COURSE THE STUDENT WILL BE ABLE TO KNOW THE MAIN CHARACTERISTICS THAT CHARACTERIZE A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE FROM THE SYNTACTIC AND SEMANTIC POINT OF VIEW. THE STUDENT KNOWS THE CONTROL STRUCTURES, THE BASIC DATA STRUCTURES AND THE MAIN ABSTRACTIONS PROVIDED BY THE OBJECT ORIENTED LANGUAGES. THE STUDENT WILL ACQUIRE THE NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE TO ADDRESS INDIVIDUALLY THE STUDY OF A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE AND TO UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS RELATING TO THE APPLICATION OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES.

ABILITY TO APPLY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
AT THE END OF THE COURSE THE STUDENT IS ABLE TO APPLY THE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE TO SOLVE SIMPLE PROBLEMS BY IDENTIFYING THE MOST SUITABLE ABSTRACTIONS FOR FORMALIZING THE PROBLEM IN A PROCEDURAL OR OBJECT ORIENTED LANGUAGE.
Contents
INTRODUCTION TO PYTHON PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE (1 HOUR)
MAIN PROGRAMMING CONSTRUCTS (8 HOURS)
DATA TYPES AND EXPRESSIONS (4 HOURS)
CONTROL INSTRUCTIONS (6 HOURS)
STRINGS AND FILES (4 HOURS)
LISTS, TUPLES, SETS AND DICTIONARIES (4 HOURS)
FUNCTIONS AND PACKAGES (6 HOURS)
MANIPULATION OF MATRICES (4 HOURS)
OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING IN PYTHON (2 HOURS)
THE MAIN MODULES IN PYTHON: MATH, OS, SYS, ETC (3 HOURS)
Teaching Methods
THE COURSE REQUIRES 42 HOURS OF TEACHING BETWEEN LESSONS AND LABORATORY EXERCISES: 30 HOURS OF LESSONS IN THE CLASSROOM AND 12 HOURS OF GUIDED EXERCISES IN THE LABORATORY. THE LABORATORY EXERCISES WILL BE ENHANCED BY CASE STUDIES. THE TEACHER WILL SUGGEST ADDITIONAL EXERCISES TO BES OLVED BY STUDENTS WITH INDIVIDUAL STUDY. ATTENDING CLASSROOM LECTURES AND LAB PRACTICE IS NOT REQUIRED. TO OBTAIN FULL ACHIEVEMENT OF THE LEARNING OBJECTIVES ATTENDING LECTURES AND LAB PRACTICE IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
Verification of learning

THE ACHIEVEMENT OF THE OBJECTIVES OF TEACHING IS CERTIFIED BY PASSING AN EXAMINATION WITH
AN ASSESSMENT OUT OF THIRTY. THE EXAM INCLUDES A WRITTEN TEST AND AN ORAL TEST.
THE EVALUATION OF THE WRITTEN TEST WILL ACCOUNTS FOR 80%, WHILE THE INTERVIEW FOR THE REMAINING 20%. THE CUM LAUDE MAY BE GIVEN TO STUDENTS WHO DEMONSTRATE THAT THEY CAN APPLY THE KNOWLEDGE AUTONOMOUSLY EVEN IN CONTEXTS OTHER THAN THOSE PROPOSED IN THE COURSE.

THE PRACTICAL TEST IS USED TO ASSESS THE CURRENT ABILITY OF THE STUDENT TO APPLY THE KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRED AND DEMONSTRATE COMPREHENSION SKILLS IN DEALING WITH A PRACTICAL PROBLEM IN PROGRAMMING, DESIGN AN ALGORITHMIC SOLUTION AND WRITE THE PROGRAM THAT SOLVES IT. THE PRACTICAL TEST IS PREPARATORY TO THE ORAL EXAMINATION, AND REQUIRES THE ACHIEVEMENT OF PREDETERMINED MINIMUM SCORE. THE ORAL TEST IS USED TO ASSESS THE DEGREE OF ATTAINMENT OF THE LEARNING OBJECTIVES, PARTICULARLY REGARDING THE LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING AND COMMUNICATION ACHIEVED BY THE STUDENT.

Texts
KENNETH A. LAMBERT
PROGRAMMAZIONE IN PYTHON
SECONDA EDIZIONE,
MAGGIOLI EDITORE

More Information
STUDENTS CAN FIND, ON THE COMPANION WEB SITE, ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS, TEACHING MATERIAL, SLIDES, LECTURES' CALENDAR, A SUMMARY OF THE ARGUMENTS TOUCHED IN CLASS, PROJECTS, HOMEWORKS, EXAM TESTS . WEB SITE URL WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE COURSE
  BETA VERSION Data source ESSE3 [Ultima Sincronizzazione: 2022-11-21]
  • Diplomatic, International and Global Security Studies