Scienze della Formazione Primaria | English Language Laboratory 2
Scienze della Formazione Primaria English Language Laboratory 2
|DIPARTIMENTO DI SCIENZE UMANE, FILOSOFICHE E DELLA FORMAZIONE|
|PRIMARY TEACHER EDUCATION|
|YEAR OF COURSE 2|
|YEAR OF DIDACTIC SYSTEM 2016|
|The main objectives of the laboratory are to provide students with the ability to maintain interaction and comprehend phrases and expressions, referring to what is indicated by the level B1+ descriptors of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).|
The key competences are to:
-understand main phrases and expressions of frequent use on topics which are familiar or of personal and professional interest;
-understand key points of authentic material aimed at English language teaching at primary school through tales, stories, riddles useful to the comprehension of language in context;
-develop notions of phonetics and phonology and autonomous learning strategies in order to improve linguistic competence.
Students are able to:
-express the main point in everyday situations that require an exchange of information on different topics and less routine situations;
-describe experiences of events and express immediate needs;
-produce a simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest;
-describe experiences, events, hopes, dreams, etc.;
-follow the main point of extended discussions on familiar topics and guess the meaning of occasional unknown words;
-use on-line resources and project work.
|It is compulsory to have passed the 1st year test. Students are required a proficiency level corresponding to the B1 of the CEFR.|
|The laboratory will focus on the following topics:|
1. Communication: Agreeing and disagreeing; talking about places to shop; describing people; asking and answering about family and friends; giving opinions, making suggestions, asking for opinions; things to take on a school trip to a castle; describing animals and places; talking about a holiday.
2. Vocabulary: Phrasal verbs; food and drink; phrasal verbs with go; weather; people; home; places; animals; natural world.
3. Grammar: Past simple and continuous; order of adjectives; comparing; present perfect; future forms; used to; verbs followed by infinitive /-ing form; do, make, go, have; past perfect; first & second conditional.
4. Pronunciation: consonant sounds; long and short vowel sounds.
|The laboratory requires 30 hours of classroom activities including practical exercises and group discussions.|
The hours of attendance are compulsory with a minimum percentage of hours attended corresponding to 80% of the total amount of hours required by the laboratory.
|Verification of learning|
|At the end of the laboratory, students are required to take a test that includes the following exercises: |
- Part 1: multiple choice cloze test (8 points).
- Part 2: n. 2 questions from readers and 1 question from the children’s story (6 points).
- Part 3: n. 6 word-formation sentences (12 points).
- Part 4: Listening: insert the missing word (6 points).
The score is out of 32 total marks and the minimum pass mark is 20/32.
|Main book: |
1.Complete PET: Cambridge University Press.
Student’s book + Workbook with answers. Units 5 to 10.
2.2 readers chosen with the teacher.
3.1 children’s story chosen with the teacher.
Supplementary material will be made available on the laboratory’s web page.
Other reference material:
1.Ruth Gairns and Stuart Redman, Oxford Word Skills, Basic, Oxford University Press.
2.Jonathan Marks, English Pronunciation in Use – Elementary, Cambridge University Press
3.Read On! Oxford Graded Readers Digital Library
4.Jon Hird, The Complete English Grammar for Italian Students (A1-B2) –Libro Misto Standard con chiave + Booster, Oxford University Press.
5.Raymond Murphy, English Grammar in Use with answers (B1-B2), Cambridge University Press.
6.Oxford Wordpower Dictionary – dizionario monolingua, Oxford University Press.
BETA VERSION Data source ESSE3 [Ultima Sincronizzazione: 2022-11-21]