Scienze Ambientali | REGIONAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL APPRAISAL
Scienze Ambientali REGIONAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL APPRAISAL
|DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY "ADOLFO ZAMBELLI"|
|YEAR OF COURSE 1|
|YEAR OF DIDACTIC SYSTEM 2022|
|The objective of the course is to offer an understanding of land management, planning and|
development issues by sketching the role of enterprises in the environmental ecosystem in
which they operate. This will be done by delving into multiple points of view:
organizational, strategic-managerial, process, sustainability.
The course content aims to provide the basic elements on how enterprises operate and to
illustrate the principles of business economics, strategic management and process
management of enterprises operating in waste and energy sectors.
The main knowledge acquired, which aims to provide both cross-disciplinary theoretical
principles and operational skills to be able to operate concretely in enterprises, are:
- Basic theoretical knowledge inherent the functioning of the enterprise, its organization,
and the accounting logics that link management operations to the accounting records and
lead to the preparation of financial statements;
- Analytical skills to assess land resources and the environmental impact of enterprises,
through the formulation and use of economic and non-economic models (checklists,
matrices, GIS, social and environmental reporting);
- Theoretical knowledge and development of managerial skills to address management
problems in the territory and redefine business models of enterprises according to the
criteria of environmental sustainability;
- Theoretical knowledge in the managerial and relational field for the socio-economic
development of territories, for the management of the complexity of the dynamics related
to the interaction with the actors of the territory and the planning of innovation processes
through the integration of multidisciplinary scientific knowledge (economic-business,
management, related to territorial sciences);
- Specialized knowledge in the field of waste management and smart energy management
with particular reference to aspects of supply chain management (production, processing,
distribution, market and consumption) from the perspective of the circular economy.
|The course does not require particular technical economic skills|
|The course contents are structured into three macro-topics:|
1) Elements of business administration (16 hours):
- Principles of business organization;
- The financial structure of the enterprise;
- Principles of accounting and preparation of economic, social and sustainability financial
- Financial analysis tools for evaluating investment projects (ROI and Social ROI) and
assessing the social and environmental impact of enterprises.
2) Strategic management of sustainable enterprises (16 hours)
- Entrepreneurship, strategic orientation and sustainability;
- Analysis of the competitive environment, resources and competencies of territorial
- Sustainable strategies and business models;
- The development of innovation and Sustainability oriented innovations (SOI).
3) Enterprises operating in the waste management and smart energy management sector
- Production, processing, distribution and supply chain management strategies in the
waste and energy sector;
- Principles of circular economy and strategies for management and implementation die
clean technologies for waste minimization and waste management;
- Process management and team development for the implementation of clean
technologies for sustainability and innovative processes;
- Principles of design, management and implementation of monitoring systems for energy
- Application of technologies (artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, blockchain) for the
creation of smart grids.
|Teaching involves 48 hours (6 cfu) of didactics in face-to-face lectures. During the course,|
both theoretical lectures and exercises and group work aimed at solving specific
management problems and direct application of the knowledge learned during the lectures
will be conducted.
ATTENDANCE OF CLASSROOM LESSONS IS NOT OBLIGATORY, THAT OF EXERCISES IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
|Verification of learning|
|The verification of learning will be carried out through a final examination from the|
evaluation in thirtieths to be conducted in the form of an oral interview. The examination
will focus on the verification of theoretical knowledge pertaining to land planning and development in terms of management of environmental, waste and energy production issues.
THE MINIMUM MARK FOR PASSING THE EXAM IS 18/30, AND IS AWARDED WHEN THE STUDENT SHOWS A LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF THE FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS, BASIC FINANCIAL MATHEMATICS AND A LIMITED ABILITY TO CONNECT THE TOPICS OF THE COURSE.
THE MAXIMUM MARK (30/30) IS AWARDED WHEN THE STUDENT SHOWS A COMPLETE AND IN-DEPTH KNOWLEDGE OF THE PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS, BASIC FINANCIAL MATHEMATICS AND A GOOD ABILITY TO CONNECT THE TOPICS OF THE COURSE.
PRAISE MAY BE ATTRIBUTED TO STUDENTS WHO REACH THE MAXIMUM VOTE OF 30/30 AND WHO PROVE TO BE ABLE TO APPLY AUTONOMY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ACQUIRED EVEN IN CONTEXTS OTHER THAN THOSE PROPOSED IN THE LESSON
|Elementi di bilancio e di management (2021); F. Bernini, N. Castellano; Giappichelli, ISBN 9788892141162|
Other didactic material of the course, slides, handouts and articles will be provided by the teacher at the beginning of the course;
|- COURSE LANGUAGE: ITALIAN|
BETA VERSION Data source ESSE3 [Ultima Sincronizzazione: 2023-01-23]