STATISTICAL SCIENCES FOR FINANCE | Home
STATISTICAL SCIENCES FOR FINANCE Home
Objective of the Master Degree in Statistical Sciences for Finance is to prepare experts in the use of mathematical-statistical tools for quantitative analyses in the following sectors: finance, banking, insurance, monetary and financial economics and social security. The course is by nature strongly interdisciplinary. In addition to statistical and mathematical-financial disciplines, there are economics, finance and law courses.
The Study Program, so structured, will enable SSF graduates to meet the requirements for qualified personnel requested by companies and organisations operating in the fields of financial and business consultancy, management and financial intermediation, financial regulation and research in these disciplines.
SSF Graduates can take the state exam to qualify for the profession of Actuary. In an international perspective, moreover, the Study Program provides the preparation to access to prestigious qualifications like the CIIA Diploma (Certified International Investment Analyst).
Employment opportunities will be mainly at:
- Banking institutions
- Insurance companies
- Intermediation and financial management companies
- Enterprises operating in business, financial and insurance consultancy
- Regulatory agencies
The SSF graduate acquires the following skills:
- Mastery of analytical and conceptual tools to solve complex problems in the field of financial analysis such as: portfolio management and the design of efficient financial risk management systems.
- Ability to implement quantitative models for financial risk measurement in accordance with current regulations
- Ability to use complex models to generate economic and financial forecasts
- Ability to analyse and synthesise complex datasets in order to provide empirical support to decision-making processes in the financial and insurance sectors.
How to apply
Information for international applicants can be found here.
N. of credits
Level of degree
Ministerial decree n.
UNIVERSITÀ DEGLI STUDI DI SALERNO - FISCIANO
|Program Director|| |
prof. GIUSEPPE STORTI
Detailed information on the course are available on the ESSE3 university platform