STATISTICS FOR BIG DATA | Home
STATISTICS FOR BIG DATA Home
The objective of this study program is to prepare statisticians with strong skills in database management systems and analysis of large scale data derived from different working contexts, i.e. economic, industrial, IT, medical, etc. For this reason, the degree course presents a clear statistical-computer characterization that allows students to acquire the statistical tools and the computer skills needed to deal with collection, management, analysis and synthesis of Big Data.
The course is by nature interdisciplinary but it focuses on economic-managerial subjects, through which the student faces topics related to economic, managerial and industrial contexts, as well as on legislative subjects, through which the student acquires knowledge of the normative nature of the existing relationship among data, information and communication.
The Study Program in Statistics for Big Data also gives a range of possible academic areas to specialize in. In fact, the graduate can continue his / her own education towards master's degrees in statistics, computer science and business management.
The three-year degree holders will have an adequate preparation to enter the labor market and to continue his/her studies at graduate level. The employment opportunities will be in:
- production and service companies
- public entities
- research centers
- international organizations dealing with statistical and economic analysis.
The degree in Statistics for Big Data provides the tools to:
- understand and manage information flows dealing with the production of information on economic and corporate issues
- understand and intervene on the methodological system of statistical analysis aimed at solving economic and business problems, even in presence of large databases with complex structures
- manage, through IT and statistical tools, institutional databases or information systems specifically built by companies, with particular reference to complex data structures and big data
- use the appropriate methods to make accurate forecasts of economic and company values
- organize data, calculate statistical indicators and define appropriate and effective information visualization tools.
N. of credits
Level of degree
Ministerial decree n.
UNIVERSITÀ DEGLI STUDI DI SALERNO - FISCIANO
|Program Director|| |
prof. ANNA MARIA CRISTINA MENICHINI
Detailed information on the course are available on the ESSE3 university platform