Data Science and Innovation Management | Enrollment
Data Science and Innovation Management Enrollment
To qualify for the Master's Degree in Data Science and Innovation Management, specific curricular requirements and adequate personal preparation are required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Engineering; Computer Science and Technology; Statistics (classes: L-8, L-31, L-41 ex DM 270/2004 or corresponding classes ex D.M. 509/99). In case of different Degree, you must have obtained at least 39 CFU/ECTS in total, broken down as follows:18 CFU/ECTS in Mathematics and Statistics (SSD: MAT/01, MAT/02, MAT/03, MAT/05, MAT/06, SECS-S/01, SECS-S/06) and 21 CFU/ECTS in Computer Science (SSD: INF/01, ING-INF/05).
- Adequate knowledge of English (B2) or above.
Other elements of evaluation
To follow the course successfully, it is necessary to have an adequate first university level preparation in the following subjects:
- Mathematics: analysis of functions of one and more real variables, successions and numerical series, basic notions of linear algebra;
- Statistics: basic notions of probability calculation and statistics in the discrete and continuous case, including the study of distributions and the central limit theorem;
- Computer science: basic notions of programming using a high-level language (e.g., Python, Java, C, C++), algorithms and elementary data structures, databases.
Curriculum requirements are verified through an examination of candidates' university careers.
Foreign students interested in the evaluation for the admittance to the study courses, need to register on Universitaly
In the case of curricular requirements lack, the Didactic Council may indicate the mandatory training activities for their acquisition.
It is not allowed to enroll with training debts.
The suitability of the qualifications obtained abroad and of old system’s degree will be verified by the Didactic Council. The verification will cover the specific contents of the training activities that led to the achievement of the title itself.
The adequacy of initial preparation, including knowledge of the English language, shall be verified by an interview with the Admission Committee.
The admission tests will be open to the public and will take place periodically, normally in September and February.
All the information about the admission tests will be notified on the Department's website and in this section of the Course web page.
Candidates in possession of a Language Certificate issued no more than 2 years ago, by Certifying Bodies recognized according to the current regulations, of a level at least equal to B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, are exempted from the English language test.
Students who, in their previous university careers have acquired a sufficient number of CFUs in the English language(SSD L-LIN/12), may also be exempted.
Other cases of exemption (e.g. candidates of English mother tongue) will be evaluated by the Course Committee.
For asking an early evaluation for the admission to the Master Degree in Data Science and Innovation Management, please fill the form attached below and send it to the following mail addresses: